Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Thursday, April 27, 2006

When I was at the store this morning, buying a cool, carbonated, caffeinated beverge (alliteration unintentional), I flipped through one of those silly little books of quotes or milquetoast advice that they often keep at the counter. This one was about carreer advice, and the page I flipped through seemed appropriate: "The only thing you can control in your business is how hard you try. Everything is out of your control, except how much heart you put into what you do." This isn't entirely accurate, I think, but it is good advice. I just took a test yesterday in my chem class, and I know for a fact that I did worse on it than I had ever did on a test before in my whole life, and the reason for this is because I didn't work hard enough or put my whole self into the studying process: I cut corners, I satisfied myself with half-assed understanding of the material, and I made foolish assumptions, all because I didn't care enough about what I was doing, and I didn't put the time and energy I needed to into what I was doing.

The book's other advice was to "get some coffee, and revel in the insania." What, you ask, is insania? Well, other than being some band from Stockholm, the book defined it as the "manic, jittery high you get from drinking too much caffiene." This seemed appropriate, because I was buying a caffienated beverage. I'm ultra-sensitive to caffiene's effects, going straight to insania after a very small amount. Actually, knowing my friends, I'm surprised that I haven't heard this word before, on daily, or even hourly basis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter