Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

By the way, I went to go see the movie Hostel tonight, thinking that all the fear and horror would be cathartic, and I might be able to sleep better tonight. Well, it wasn't very scary or gory (though the scene where the guy starts to puke while he has a large plastic ball tapped in his mouth made me genuinely nauseous and start to gag, which was fun, but still run-of-the-mill for someone like me, who gags when he brushes his teeth, or when there's too much food in his mouth), so I was disappointed in that. What was beyond disappointing and into the realm of disturbing was how homophobic it was. The review that I linked to up at the top points out that the characters are homophobic, but it's not just the characters that are homophobic, but the plot of the movie itself. It depicts homosexuals as nasty sexual predators, and the only homosexual you meet turns out to be one of the torturers, the first one the viewers see in fact. I know that I don't have to tell my friends not to see it, because none of my friends seem to like horror movies, which is why I went to this one by myself, but just in case you were thinking of it, I hightly advise you to avoid it.

I do hear that the japanese version is much better though, so maybe I'll check that out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter