Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Friday, February 18, 2005

"Television precludes imagination; Imagination is its enemy. Imitation is the sincerest form of television." -Timothy Findley, canadian novelist and playwright.

That quote has nothing to do with what I'm about to write. I just like it.

I dreamed last night that it was my 19th birthday. I was gonna stage a concert in which I sang a buch of Kate Bush songs, and I was gonna hire Kate Bush to do the music and the background vocals. I was gonna pay her 700 dollars. I was trying to get everything arranged at the last minute, but then I realized that there were SO many things I forgot to take care of, and anyway, since when do I know how to sing professionally? (this was going to take place at a large outdoor arena). At the end I realized how incredibly immature I was. At the same time, a daughter of a friend of mine was having her first period. She was worried about blood coming out of her, but then she figured out that it was just her period.

Overall this was sort of a "coming of age" kind of thing, in which folks are growing up a bit, and realizing their past ignorance. I'm not surprised that I had this dream: I often feel like I have an exceptionally immature and unrealistic outlook on life....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter