Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Thursday, February 10, 2005

last night I dreamed that I went to church, the old church, which I used to go to as a child. The balaconies were huge, and there were just mass amounts of people there, of all ages and backgrounds and such. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to be there again, but I hung out just to see what would happen.

The preacher was this guy that in waking reality works at the human resources office for the OSU libraries, a black man with psychotically good memory. He was telling us all about how the church has been besieged by so many tragedies and problems over the past year, and that now, just when he thought that he had gotten everything budgeted properly, and that in the end everything was gonna turn out just fine, another tragedy has struck. But he's sure that we can deal with it, that god will see us through, and that it's still all part of god's plan.

He points to a pile of rubble on the sanctuary stage. I guess a tree had fallen through the wall, or a violent storm just knocked out part of the wall. But it's gonna be allright, the preacher tells us, as though he's trying to convince himself. The wall that's been busted is behind a curtain. He's gonna show it to us, so that we can see for ourselves what's going on, and draw our own conclusions. He opens the curtain, and it looks as though there is still a large, clear window there; that the wall had just been on the inside, and the tree knocked down the inner wall, but left the window. The window is huge, covering the whole wall, with a complex system of 1900's metal gratings over it. These are used to move the window back and forth, so that it becomes like a huge sliding door. The preacher does this, opening the church up to the outside. The street is there, but there's also many trees, green and pale in the very bright sunlight. It's so beautiful to me that I start to cry.

When I wake up, I think "That is the way it should be."

When i was about 12 I had a beautiful dream where I was walking through this church, the same one in today's dream, and there were vines growing all over the walls on the inside, even as we walked through, while we sang and played guitar, the vines were growing around us.

I think that the heart of my natural spirituality will expresses itself better in the green and trees than in the relgious institutions. Yes, I think that is the direction I should go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter