Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Saturday, July 22, 2006

So far I'm having an easier time becoming sexually sober than other attempts I've made, and I think it's because I've changed my attitude towards sexual feelings. I used to try to negate them when I was trying to get sober, to shut them out. I've learned now that this is not productive. Sex is never going to go away. It's like the air: it all around us, all the time. Usually were not aware of it, but every once in awhile we take a big breath, or we step out into the fresh air from a stuffy room, and air all of sudden takes on importance and meaning. So this is the goal for me: I will accept sex and sexual feelings as something that is always present in one form or another, but place it in the background, not in the center of my focus, unless I've decided that it's time to do so. One way that I'm trying to make this happen, is that when sexual feelings arise, I'm taking the focus off my dick and balls, and redirecting it to my body as a whole, so I can see my sexuality in context, not as the only important thing. It's strange, because when I do this it becomes clear how overly obsessed I am with my genitalia. Focusing on the rest of body, my dick seems disportionately big in regards to importance it has in my mind. The rest of my body seems neglected and unimportant. I want to change this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter