Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Yesterday I went and had my palm read at some outdoor festival that we have here in Columbus every year. I asked her about what she saw about a potential relationship. Her answer was very annoying. She said that, unlike most people, I was fated to be with a particular person, a "soul-mate". (yes, I know you're supposed to put the period inside the quotation mark, but honestly, I think that's totally stupid, and as long as I have no one to impress, I ain't gonna do it!). I was fine with the idea of having a "soul-mate", but then she went on to say that I had already met this person, probably in the age range of 18-21. This annoys me, because I can't think of anyone that I've ever met who I would want to spend the rest of my life with. I mean, I've met lots of nice folks, folks I love and cherish, but no one that I want to be with until the day one of us dies.

She also said that this person would be more adventurous than me, and that he would help me to come out of my shell more. This sounds nice in theory, but again, I don't know anyone like that. As fearful and cautious as I am, most guys I've been friends with have been even more cautious than me. The few guys that I've met who do seem more out-going and adventurous than I, who have tried to get me to do more exciting things, have usually just gotten on my nerves. I would hate to think that I would end up with some annoying guy who was always trying to get me to do things that I don't want to do.

The best thing that she said was that this guy was totally ready for a relationship with me, but that it was me that was holding things back. Thank God! If that's the case, then I plan on being as dysfunctional and not-ready for as long as possible--until the day I die!

Luckily, the places that I lived and the people that I knew between the ages of 18-21 are all very far away now. So probably I've lost the chance to be with my soul-mate forever. With that off my back, I can now focus on having a long series of superficial, short-term relationships, without worrying that any of them will get too serious, or whether any of the guys will be "the one". That, to me, sounds much more interesting. I mean, I don't want to just be a slut for the rest of my life, but serial monogamy sounds very nice.

2 Comments:

Blogger asdfasdfasdf said...

Okay... I'm not trying to like mock you are anything, but do you actually believe in palm readings?

Did you ever contact that hotty for the personal ads from your last blog?

You'll find someone. How many people do you know that have been lonely all their lives?

Why do you envy me for living in Canda?

Thanks for the comment. They are always welcome.

June 25, 2006 2:47 PM  
Blogger nearfalse said...

That "hotty" from the personal ad was me. I was writing a joke personal ad, to poke fun at some of my irrational expectations of potential partners.

Actually, I don't want to find someone, or at least not someone permanent. I feel comfortable being alone, and it doesn't make me feel lonely.

June 30, 2006 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter