Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Friday, June 23, 2006

I tend to have rather tumultuous relationships with folks in the service industries. I don't know why, but for some reason they allways seem especially exasperated or confused by me. For example, today I went to the local gayish coffee shop and ordered some warm milk. The guy behind the counter got very perplexed.

"You mean, you just want some warm milk?"
"Yes, thank you."
"Do you want...coffee in it?"
"No thank you, just the milk."
"So...you want it to be hot? Or warm?"
"It doesn't really matter."
"Oh. So...you want it hot? Like coffee?"
"It really doesn't matter, really. Just do what you think is best."
"Well...Ok. So what type of flavoring did you want in that?"
"No flavoring. Just the milk."
"Oh. Well...."

I mean, I asked for warm milk! Why is that complicated? And it wasn't just this guy. It seems like it happens alot. Take, for example, what happened at a different local coffe shop, just a few days ago. I ordered a small glass of milk, making sure that I emphasized the word "small", you know, because I only wanted a small amount. The barrista immediatly turned around and grabbed the largest size glass that they had, one of those clear glasses that they serve beer in at bars. I said "Excuse me, but I wanted a SMALL." His eyes literally bugged out of his head, apparantly in complete shock, as he yelled "What! Smaller than THIS?" "Yeah," I said, somewhat rudely, "smaller than that." "Ok," he mumbled, "but I'm charging you the same price," and proceeded to mumble under his breath the whole time he was serving me.

What is the big deal? Maybe it has something to do with milk: they haven't been trained or experienced in the art of pouring it in a glass, or heating it up. Without years of hard experience in the matter, how should I expect them to adapt so quickly to my over-the-top, out-of-the-blue, totally irrational requests?

But I guess I shouldn't be so hard on them; I understand that such things are complicated, and take alot of thought and planning. You can't expect just anyone to automatically know the difference between SMALL and LARGE, even if they've been comparing the sizes of objects since childhood. Same for the difference between COFFEE and MILK. I mean, they're both liquids. Who wouldn't confuse the two?

2 Comments:

Blogger asdfasdfasdf said...

Hey, thanks for the comment. And believe me, sometimes I really wish I was a guy so I could just cum all the time without anything getting in the way. Sorry if that sounds cliche.

Anyways, great blog. Look forward to future posts.

June 23, 2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger nearfalse said...

Well, I guess I should have thought before I wrote: most guys I've been with seem ultra-complicated as well. I mean, the equipment is pretty straight-forward, but getting them off can still be quite a hassle.

June 25, 2006 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter