Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Well, I just finished the final draft of my story for my fiction class. Now it's on to revising my poems, and writing a paper that lets my teacher know just exactly how great they are. Then I have to study for my History of English exam, and write a little paper that traces the etmology of a handful of words.

After that it's almost a month that I have off. But I don't really have that month off, because I'm taking the advanced poetry writing class next quarter (I had to audition for it!) and I want to have all my poems pre-written. I'm also probably going to re-take this begining fiction writing class next quarter too, with a better teacher. I want to do this because even though I'm proud of how well I did on my story, it's still not very good quality, and I think there's alot that I could get out of re-taking the begining course again, especially with a teacher that doesn't suck. So I want to have my story pre-written for that class too, so I can spend all quarter doing the real work of revising, working on characterization, paying attention to formal qualities, etc.

Plus, I'm taking two courses on professional writing next quarter. One of them is rather traditional, and focuses on writing specifically for organizations. The other one focuses on using "alternative media," which I assume means computers. The great thing is that after I take these classes I qualify for an intership at some place that does professional writing somewhere. I'm pretty sketchy on the details, but I hear the word "internship" and a little light bulb goes off in my head. I think "internships--good" and so I go towards that option. Considering how many fucking english majors there are out there in the world, having some real-world writing experience could only help me be more competitive.

If I were more practical I would drop the fiction class and take a class on grammer next quarter instead. But I'm just slightly more interested in my creative development than I am in my professional development, so fiction writing it is. I mean, if the economy crashed completely, and the world turned into a Mad Max-style free-for-all, I could still ingratiate myself to a band of pirate nomads (preferably homosexual ones) by creating witty poems that glorify and commemorate all their brave and noble exploits. I don't think that writing business reports for them would have quite the same effect. So, I'm gonna build up both my business and creative skills, and cover all my bases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter