Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Regrets.

I'm about to start rewriting my resume, 'cause I'm about to apply for a job. I really need to get a more solid work history. I've always done well at my past jobs, but I've always quit before I advanced very far, so I have very little to show for it. For example, I quit my job at the Science and Engineering library, here at OSU, just when I was starting to be treated as more of supervisor than a regular employee. If I had stayed there another year I probably would have gotten an actual supervisory postion. Unfortunately, working with the public really aggravates my paranoia, and while I could probably do allright now, at the time I was too freaked out to do it anymore. Another example is my job at Huntington Bank. At the time I quit there was the possibility of a small promotion coming my way, working with the business clients instead of the regular public, which would have meant a pay raise and an ever-so-slightly more prestigious job title. Also, a couple of months after I quit I found out that if I had stayed on a month longer I would have received a small award for being the most accurate teller on the line. Not much, but it would have been a nice aside to put on a resume. Again, I quit because I was getting too paranoid about the customers, or about one customer in particular, who actually was harrassing me, for whatever reason. In fact, the bank decided, due to my quitting, that they would no longer do business with that person.

Well, I can't change the past. All I can do is learn from my mistakes and be more consistent in the future. It's too bad I'm learning this now, but better late than never.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter