Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I dreamed this afternoon that I had just finished this quarter and I was on my way to visit my sister in Oregon. Right after my last test, which was really easy, I ran right down to the bus station and hoped on the bus. The guy driving it nodded to me like he knew me. Then we took off.

After awhile I started to wonder what time we'd be getting there and what our different stops would be. I started to look for my ticket, but then I realized that I had forgotten to buy one; I had gotten on the bus for free. The driver was inexperienced, so it did not occur to him to check my ticket.

This was very much exciting to me. I knew I'd probably have to change buses at some point, so I wouldn't be able to ride for free the whole time, but I had no idea how long I'd be able to ride this bus for. I was going to be dropped off in some random city, where I'd probably have time to explore and chill out.

To my great disappointment, however, I noticed that we were pulling in to my home town of Minneapolis. I even knew where we were: at the intersection of Franklin and Cedar, not too far from my Mother's house. I shuddered in apprehension, praying that this bus would be continuing on from there, and that I'd be dropped off somewhere else instead, like maybe Montana. Then I woke up.

So a rather straight-forward dream. The thing that made me remember it so well is how excited I was to be traveling again. I'm pretty sure I'll be traveling around Christmas time to go see my Oregonian sister, and then maybe take a little detour down to southern California to visit The Talker. Even though that's really far in the future, I've gotten very excited by the whole idea. I think, this time, that I'll take nothing but trains. From Columbus to Portland you go through the mountains of Montana, I believe, which my sister has told me are incomprably beautiful when seen from the isolated viewpoint of lonely traintracks. From Portland to San Diego you travel mostly along the coast. The last time I rode the train, from Columbus to Chicago, a man told me that you're practically right on the water when you go the ocean route. I haven't seen a lot of ocean in my time, so that would be a real kick. And from San Diego to Columbus? Sounds kind of boring, except you probably see alot of desert during the first part of the trip, which would revive old feelings and memories from back when I spent a lot of time in Arizona.

So maybe this would be good. Yeah. If I can save up an extra 700 dollars I should be able to do this. The likelyhood of me being able to get that much extra cash is slim...but if I really want to do it, then I won't let the fact that I have no money stand in my way. I"ll spend money that I don't have, and damn the consequences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter