Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Another late nite revelation

I just realized something: I am a superflous person. Society has no real need of me; there are thousands more just like me, at least in terms of what I can do to advance our civilization. If I die, the only ones who will care will be those who knew me personally, and those specifically charged with performing the routine execution of my funeral services; the larger world will not even bat an eye. What is more, it is unlikely if the world will be changed by my presence, so if I die tomarrow I will practically the same effect on the world as if I died 60 years from now. I am, in the context of the world at large, irrelevent.

This thought is very comforting to me: because my life is meaningful only to me and a small handful of people, I can focus on doing that which I find meaningful on a personal level; I don't have to think about whether or not I am benefiting the world; it would actually be rather pointless of me to do so. I think, really, that the best thing that I can do for the world is stay out of it's way, and just keep periodic tabs on my life to make sure that I'm not affecting anyone in a negative way. In the meantime, as long as I'm alive anyway, I might as well entertain myself, and do what attracts me. It's not going to affect the world one way or another, so I'm free to chose my actions on the basis of personal interest, rather than on the basis of what is most important to the world around me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter