Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Monday, April 11, 2005

All I Want Is...

I dreamed a very confusing dream, in which I was in two time periods at once, overlapping each other, so that I was neither here nor there; in fact, I wasn't supposed to be in either place. It was a class that I wasn't signed up for, two different sections of it, at different times, that I was attending concurrently. Very confusing. The problem was arising because I was actually asleep, but trying to go to class at the same time. In order to wake myself up, I decided that I must write, to realize that in reality I was sitting on the toilet, writing in one of those composition style notebooks, and that everything else was just a dream. So I began to write: I began to write in front of me, knowing that what was really in front of me was a sheet of paper. I wrote over the trees, the desks, and everything, watching them dimple under my pencil like they were pictures in a magazine. Eventually they began to fade, I could see the actual paper in front of me, and could tell what I was writing. Here was the last thing I wrote:

"All I want is to be happy, healthy, and intellectually satisfied."

I woke up then, and was really surprised that I wasn't sitting on the toilet, writing in a compostion notebook.

But what a statement! If someone asked me what I wanted from life in waking reality, I don't think that's that what I would have said. It would probably have included those things (though the phrase "intellectually satisfied" is a little odd), but would also have included some sort of interaction with other people, maybe helping them somehow. As it is, my desires look a little selfish. And what a strong qualifier! ALL I want is...

Well, if I can take this seriously, then I should start working on keeping myself healthy. Yeah, Yeah...gotta quit smoking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter