Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Monday, March 14, 2005

Good Morning

I'm having a...great (!!!) day today. My tax money came back today, direct deposit. I went to the cash machine today around 5 am, all worried that I'd be overdrawn, and when I got my receipt, the balance was way more than it should have been. I was very sleepy, so I just stared at it for a minute, totally unsure what to think. I was like, "what's wrong with the picture?" Nothing! Nothing is wrong. I just got my money back. I am so happy.

I am so happy. Its called "too much caffeine and not enough sleep." I just took a midterm for my East Asian History class, and it went surprisingly well, seeing as I barely studied at all. I bet I get at least a B-, which would make my overall grade about a B+

I had an ephiphany this morning, as one is wont to do when one has had too much caffeine and too little sleep. I was all stressed out, and feeling miserable about the future, and so I decided to take a little nap, just for a half-an-hour, just so I'd be all fresh and rested for my exam. When I woke up, I felt...very much at peace. I realized that the most important thing for me to do now and for the rest of my life is to love myself and to love other people. It made taking my test much easier.

I've had this ephiphany before, and I actually always am a least a little bit semi-conscious of the idea at some level all the time, simply because I've had this same ephiphany soooo many times before. What I forget, however, is the actual ramifications of this concept; like, me thinking that if I don't pass a test with flying colors then I'm inhuman slime does not fall under the category of "loving myself." It's nice when I remember that loving myself means feeling good about myself, and doing what's healthy for myself. Too often "loving myself" seems to get corrupted into, "I would love myself, if I were not such a lazy slob", or, "If I pass this test then I get to love myself."

Well, off to take a nap, and then get up and finish the paper that's due in five hours...(I love myself, I love myself, I love myself, I love myself....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter