Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I had my old student ID for a very long time, and I always kept it in the same place in my wallet: in the central plastic window, so I could flash it quickly to bus-drivers and such (we don't have to pay the fare if we have a student ID). It was in that little window for about 3 years, during which time the black ink on the picture of my face slowly seeped into it. Now there is a permanant image of me on the window, composed of only the dark parts.

I just got a new ID, with a horrible picture, light all shining off my greasy, vulnerable face. But when I place it in the window, exactly where the old ID used to be, the dark markings of my old image are superimposed on the new one, giving a strange conglomeration of who I was then and who I am now.

I feel a little haunted by it. I wanted to get a new picture, not just because all the ink had leeched out of the old one, but also because the old one looked so serious and morose. It seems I can't escape it, not entirely. But this also comforts me: I don't want to leave myself behind completely. It's good to have a sense of continuity. I can be new and stay the same, without giving up either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter