Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Friday, January 07, 2005

East Asian Culture; McDonald's Culture

I had a strange feeling this morning. When I was waiting for my East Asian History class to start, I listened to one of my favorite bands, a Japanese rock band called "The Pillows, while eating some Chinese canned porridge. I didn't surround myself with East Asian things on purpose, it just sort of happened. For a second I felt annoyed at myself for doing it; i figured I was some sort of Asian wanna-be or something. I soon dismissed it though; I really don't care about culture, and anything that sticks to me does so strictly because I like it for it's essence, not it's status.

I had a similar experience a few months ago which I reacted to much more strongly. I was wearing these bright yellow pants, a red t-shirt, and a yellow coat. I went into McDonalds, and bought myself one of those little cheeseburgers, with the red and yellow wrappers. When I stepped outside the restaurant, there were all these black kids, hanging out and trying to look cool, while playing their hip-hop music. I looked around, I looked at myself, and I freaked out; it was like my life had become a McDonalds commercial. It made me very insecure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter