Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Yea! Magic has reentered my life again! My annoying world of dull, awkward, misplacement has been realigned and gently invigorated by good news and good directions. What happened, you ask? Umm...it's hard to describe. All I'll say is that my class schedule sucked, but now, with a few changes, it's totally excellent. I'm now signed up for two very interesting classes (Fiction Writing and Poetry writing), and one mildly interesting class (History of Englsih).

The magic was in the signing up process. I had never really seriously considered taking a poetry writing class before, because I hate reading poetry, and even though I enjoy writing poetry, it always turns out to be annoying and pretentious when I go back and read it later after giving myself time to forget what I had written. Not so with my other writing, which I'm not always proud of, but which I always enjoy re-reading, and usually see potential in.

Well, I was thinking about the poetry class, because, quite honestly, it was the only thing out there that I felt was even slightly calling my name. It was calling to me softly and indistinctly, but at least it wasn't a stranger or an enemy like all the other classes were. I didn't want to answer back, but I was lonely, and needed some comforting, so I comtemplated taking it. Eventually I decided that yes, I would take it, but only to learn how to pay attention to the sounds of words, and the intricacies of sentence structure, not because I wanted to become a good poet. So I signed up for it, and it felt right. I felt that I had at least made one good decision, and that I would happy in at least one of my classes.

Ok, so here's where the magic comes in: the second I signed up for that class, and I mean the exact second I signed up for it, I was automatically allowed into the Fiction Writing class that I was feeling so despairing about not getting in to. Like, I was looking at the registration screen not five minutes before I signed up, and it still said that I was on the waitlist. Then, I signed up for the poetry class, and all of sudden there were no more waitlisted coures, and the Fiction class was on my schedule. Beautiful! Perfect! It was like...it was like the universe wanted me to take the poetry class, but it knew that I wouldn't even think about it unless I was desperate for some fun. The second I finally wised up to the plan, all obstacles were released, and I was allowed to go forward in the direction I'd been struggling to go (albeit with a slight modification). Truly it is a sign, and this is a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter