Dreams Recurring

I am a 26 year old college student at Ohio State University (OSU). I am male, white, homosexual. If you want to know anything else, you'll just have to read the blog itself. The title comes from an old Husker Du song, though I did change it slightly. **ATTENTION** some of the entries in this blog contain sexually explicit material.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Please read my blog, because, unlike most of the people on here, I really do keep up on it. It's not very stylish, my blog, but I do take it at least semi-seriously, and post regularly. Surely such perseverence and loyalty is worth something?

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

NearFalse Rocks!

I just got the best birthday present I could possibly get (and no, that's not hyperbole, it's the truth). We read one of my poems in my poetry class today, and alot of the other students were really enthusiastic about my poem. Usually we spend most of our time criticizing each other's poems, but for my poem they were seriously discussing it, like making arguments about interpretation by citing lines, and considering how the different evidence changes interpretation, and basically just treating my poem with respect, like it was real art. After class let out, three different people came up to me to let me know how much they liked my poem, and how they liked all my poems (though most of them did say that this one was the best).

It feels so nice to have someone compliment my work. My fiction writing class is going totally down the drain, my work is really not very good, and neither does anyone else. I felt like I was just doing the wrong thing, like maybe I was fooling myself thinking that I could be anything like a writer, but now that's all changed. At least I show promise with poetry. That's enough for me to go on, and should keep me happy for several days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter